Heard a knock on the door in the middle of the night? Who could it possibly be? Or, maybe you misheard and it could be nothing, but the wind. When such things bump you in the night, you get all curious to check what it is, but obviously you will be a little apprehensive to open the door and check. So, what should be done?
Security cameras come in handy when you come across such situations. They are good enough to keep a stern around the clock watch in and around your home. Moreover, you can catch a sight of several rooms and that too, in real-time. When combined with some additional home automation devices like smoke detectors and motion sensors, your surveillance camera system can turn into a sleepless guard for your home!
With technological advancements, there are incalculable options available in the market when it comes to buying security cameras. And, it is natural to get lost in such a huge selection.
Here, we are penning down the fundamental things that you should know about surveillance system to help you get started with the search of the right home surveillance system.
Consider what you actually need!
With the market flooded with thousands of different options for security camera systems, it becomes imperative to first outline that ‘where’ and ‘when’ you need to install video monitoring equipment. Ask yourself some questions like:
- What are the possible entry points of your abode?
- Do you want to monitor all these entry points?
- What is the size and layout of your house?
- How much you want to spend on the video monitoring devices?
- Do you want to monitor your place 24/7 or just at night?
- How much area you want to cover with one camera?
When you keep in mind the answers of all these questions, you definitely will get a little sorted with your safety requirements.
Flip through all the camera options!
When you say the word ‘security camera’, you are actually pointing to a whole range of different kinds. Every sort has different specifications and serves different purposes. Let us have a basic introduction with the clan.
- Box camera: Large size camera with fixed and vari-focal lens options.
- Bullet camera: Comparatively small sized and are good for covert applications.
- Dome camera: Plug and play devices that are covered with the tinted glass and are perfect for monitoring indoors.
- PTZ Camera: Remote controlled devices used for monitoring large areas.
When you know the locations that you want to monitor, deciding among these different choices become easy.
Enhance its capability with additional features!
The additional features can further enhance the capability of your system to a great level. More the capability, the more is the security!
Some of these additional features could be:
- Night Vision capability: Lets you see even in pitch dark with the help of IR LEDs.
- Adjustable: Lets you control the view of the cam with the help of a remote control.
- High definition resolution: Offers crystal clear images without missing on any detail.
- Wireless systems: Small, easy to set-up, portable, expandable, and less vulnerable; these ‘without wire’ systems save you from all the hassles of lengthy cabling too.
- Weatherproof housing: Make your systems stand against all ruthless weathers.
- Remote access: Lets you view every nook and corner of your dwelling from anywhere in the world.
Wrapping it all up!
It is crucial to do your own research before you step into one of the surveillance stores. Having a clear understanding of your safety requirements will help you find out the surveillance device that best fits into your place of residence.
Author Bio: Rohan Sharma is a gadget wizard, an active blogger, and an eminent speaker. With more than 10 years of experience to his credit, Rohan has always been a pertinent contributor to the security industry. He is closely associated with Revo America, a well-renowned security products manufacturer and retailer. Needless to say, Rohan boasts for paramount and credible products only, with Revo’s being his favorite.